Urban Decay Naked 3 Eye Palette | a Review + FOTD


Hello everybody :)
How are you on this beautiful friday ^^
It is beautiful only because its FRIYAY ;)

Its Friday and that meany I have a new Review for you ;)
Finally...I really missed Review Friday and I plan this particular Review...I think since 
September last year ;) oi...that took quite a while ^^

Today I wanted to talk a little about the Urban Decay Naked 3 Palette
I have this palette for quite a while now...might be almost a year and in that time I had phases in which I used it almost religiousely on a daily basis and others in which I barely even thought about it.
After all this time I thought...Now I cant give you a true in depth review about this products and if its worth its money.
I know I know....this palette is everything but new out there and there are probably millions of reviews and such online, but I´ll do it anyway...how many of theses reviews are written after one year of use ;)




I am a huge fan of the packaging.
Of cause there a pros and cons about it but you´ll see why I LOVE IT SO MUCH as soon as you see the pics of the inside.
A clear con is of cause the weight and bulkiness of the case - its really not the perfect palette to take when you´re traveling ;)
A huge pro!



See ... yes that is why I love the packaging a lot.
Yes I dropped it...I did the worst thing you can to with an expensive eyeshadow palette ever...what 
am I talking with every eyeshadow palette... I dropped it on a hard stone floor...
BUT - see how amazing the packaging is - hardly any of the shadows are destroyed and none is
 completely broken ;) yay - I was sooooo relived as I dared to pick it up so see the damage ^^
Of cause the case is now brocken - I can´t close it anymore and I am using a hairband to keep the 
palette closed...thats a bit sad but also the smalles damage that could have happened.
The only shadows which are a little bit damaged are DUST and BUZZ and its not too bad...even if its still sad :( 
If you want to see the palette new and completely intact click here for the haul post of mine ^^



In the palette are 12 amazing colours all kind of pinky nude brown themed... rosegold would be the perfect word.
There are three matte ones, three kind of glitters and six shimmery satin shadows.
The palette also comes with a eye brush and with samples of each of UD´s primers.
The case has a rose gold metal finish and a wavy pattern. 

Overall, it’s a really lovely palette filled with eyeshadows that are highly pigmented, soft, easy to blend, and easy to use. 



Strange
a pale neutral whity pink with a satin-matte finish. It has pretty good colour payoff and a soft texture.
Dust
an absolute lovely glittery/metallic light pink shimmer with an adorable iridescent sparkle to it.
It has slightly warm untertones and the glitter is whity gold. Out of this palette the worst one to use...the huge amount of glitter makes it less smooth and that results in a lot of fall out whilst applying and wearing - might be better with a damp brush.
Burnout
a light rosy, peachy pink with a satin finish. Its a similar to dust just a little darker.
It has a lovely pearly finish and an amazing colour payoff. The texture is soft and smooth. 



Limit
a light dusty rose matte colour with a mauvy coolish undertones. The pigmentation is really nice and the texture is soft and smooth and just a little bit powdery. Very lovely to blend.
Buzz
is a metallic warm coppery rose shimmer with a frosted metallic silver sheen. Absolutely amazing colour payoff and a soft and buttery texture.
Trick
an absultely stunning medium bronze copper colour with brownish-pinky untertones and an amazing golden sparkles. It has a stunning pigmentation and a very good colour payoff.
Despite the sparkly finish it has a smooth and soft texture and is amazing to apply and blend.



Nooner
a medium pinky brown matte colour. I´d say its a medium - dark colour with a plumy warm undertone and a matte finish. On of the most amazing shadows in this palette. Its amazingly pigmented and a super soft and lovely blend-able texture. Such an amazing colour payoff!
Liar
a medium brown metallic mauvey shimmer. With lovely warm coppery undertones and a greyish look to it it has an amazing satin, nearly metallic finish and a lovely super soft texture. Its incredibly pigmented and one of my fave colours in the palette.
Factory
this is a pinky brown with warm and slightly red undertones. The finish is lovely, soft and pearly and the pigmentation is very nice



Mugshot
a metallic warm toned taupe shimmer with a golden frosted, metallic finish. This shadow has an amazing colour payoff, so pigmented, and a lovely soft texture.
Darkside
one of my favourite shadows as it´s a unusual colour with a lovely finish. Its a deep taupe-mauvy satin. Cooltoned and with purple undertones. Only downside is its pigmentation, but it has a soft texture and is easy to blend.
Blackheart
a gorgeous matt smoky black with a stunning pink sparkle to it. It has redish undertones which might be due to the redish pink sparkle. Good pigmentation and pretty easy to blend.



A FOTD using the NAKED 3



As a base: Strange
on the movable lid: Burnout
in the crease: Factory & Liar
in the outer corner: Mugshot mixed with Darkside
in the inner corner: a bit of Duse
as an eyeliner: Blackheart
on the lower lashline: Burnout, Buzz, Factory


Mascara: Maybelline
Foundation: Catrice Cosmetics
Powder: L´oréal
Contour, Blush, Brows: Tanya Burr Cosmetics
Lips: Topshop


Top: Primark
Denimdress: Asos


What do you think? ;)
Do you have the Naked 3 Palette or any other Naked palette and which one is your favourite?
Do you like the palette as much as I do and if not why ;)
Do you have any similar palettes which are better in your opinion?


With lots of love and have an amazing weekend
♥♥♥
Verena


P.S. If you want to know how I did my hair in the pictures ;)
There is a video on my youtube channel <3

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

update on my ecocube christmastree

ecocube

BLOGMAS #DAY 14 + 15 - a christmassy FOTD