The Reading Challenge 2016 and a book that is published in 2016


Heeeeeeellooooo everyone ^^
How are you tonight ;)
P.S. dont wonder if parts of the post is written in orange...I dont know why blogger does it :(

Guess what I have for you tonight ;) My choice for the category a book that is published in 2016
And which books is more obvious than:

Harry Potter and the Cursed Child
by J.K. Rowling, John Tiffany, Jack Thorne


pic source below


Again a nice review from goodreads

*
Based on an original new story by J.K. Rowling, Jack Thorne and John Tiffany, a new play by Jack Thorne, Harry Potter and the Cursed Child is the eighth story in the Harry Potter series and the first official Harry Potter story to be presented on stage. The play will receive its world premiere in London’s West End on July 30, 2016.

It was always difficult being Harry Potter and it isn’t much easier now that he is an overworked employee of the Ministry of Magic, a husband and father of three school-age children.

While Harry grapples with a past that refuses to stay where it belongs, his youngest son Albus must struggle with the weight of a family legacy he never wanted. As past and present fuse ominously, both father and son learn the uncomfortable truth: sometimes, darkness comes from unexpected places.
*


pic source

I´ll give it a 9 out of 10 - I enjoyed reading it a lot...probably not my favourite book ever or my favourite Harry Potter book but I liked it a loooooot
Some details are a bit too obvious like unknown children, new friendships and enemies and just some details ;) are a bit like...you know where you stop reading and just think...really ^^ hahaha

Well what else could I say...

First of all this book is written as a script...meaning it´s concept it a play and not a novel like the first eight HP books. That could be a point why some of you might not like it. I know many people who do not enjoy reading this kind of book...do you know what I mean ;) hahaha
Well I do like any kind of book ;) honestly I just do ;) and I loved this play a lot and I´d love to see a live production some day :)
I´ve been a huge Harry Potter fan from the very beginning ;) I love to think about my childhood when my sister and I played Harry Potter in the attic of our house ;) hahaha beloved memories

Basically this play takes part after the end of the last Harry Potter Part and after the end of the Deathly Hollows and is basically set around the adventures of Harry Potters second son Albus Severus. Its so nice to see all the beloved characters being back in action and so many new ones which you will like immediately ;)

I had no idea of the storyline, characters or anything else before I started reading the book and I am very happy about that ;) there are many unhappy critics online about it, about how the characters are very different and acting unlikely but first I think you should always remember this being a play designed for a stage and second all that happens is about 20 years later ;) people change and I think its actually more authentic when the characters changed over the time ^^
Like I said above...besides all the amazing details I love a lot there are a few things which made me stop reading and think about them especially because the storyline itself is not so very original and some things are really just like...you know...predictable. But I also have to say that there are some twists and turns which surprised me ;)
So for all of you being sceptical...just read this book as a based on the Harry Potter books and not as a original sequel ;) Thats how I did it and I loved it a lot ;)

On a final note I have one thing to say ;)
This book made me smile, hold my breath and cry...and when I cry whilst reading...well that means something ;)
So just read it as a individual story based on the Harry Potter books and you will enjoy it a lot!



What about you? Have you read this yet and what do you think?

Have you been excited or are you more like - nah I don´t care?
Lets talk about it in the comments below ^^


With lots of love
♥♥♥
Verena

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

update on my ecocube christmastree

ecocube

BLOGMAS #DAY 14 + 15 - a christmassy FOTD