The Reading Challenge 2016 and a satirical book


Good evening bookworms :)

How are you all :) First question ^^ Which is your favourite book at the moment?
I really enjoyed reading the New Harry Potter Book ;)
review coming soon but first I have this amazing book for you

For the category "a satirical book" I chose

George Orwells´
Animal Farm


Honestly this is an absolute fabulous book ;)
I enjoyed reading it a lot, actually a book right down my alley ^^
Its probably not s must read for everybody but its not har to understand and very enjoyable ;)

To stick with the concept here is as usual the review from goodreads
I love the review a lot and it just says everything I think so ;) thats al
(pic above is the same source)

*
Revolution is in the air at Manor Farm after old Major, a prize boar, tells the other animals about his dream of freedom and teaches them to sing "Beasts of England." Mr Jones, the drunken farmer, is deposed and a committee of pigs takes over the running of the farm. The animals are taught to read and write, but the dream turns sour, the purges begin and those in charge come more and more to resemble their oppressors.

Orwell's allegory of the Soviet revolution remains as lucid and compelling as ever. In beautifully clear prose, he gives us a vivid gallery of characters and a fable that conveys the truth about how we are manipulated through language and the impossibility of finding heaven on earth.
*


I´ll give it a 8 out of 10
I enjoyed it a lot but its not my favourite book of all time ;) 

With lots of love
♥♥♥
Verena


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

update on my ecocube christmastree

ecocube

BLOGMAS #DAY 14 + 15 - a christmassy FOTD