The Reading Challenge 2016 and a book from Oprah´s book club


A new book review, finally ;)
I don´t know if it was a good decision to read Anna Karenina for this ;)
took soooo much more time to read that I expected ;) 
even if you should have planed more time than one week to read an 1000 pages book ;)
Most of the time I decide for a book depending on wether I have it unread on my shelf or not ;)
Since I...again...planed to read this pretty long I went for this book in this category :)

other possible choices would be:

- A million little pieces by James Frey
- The Pillars of the earth by Ken Follett
- East of Eden by John Steinbeck
- Middlesex by Jeffrey Eugenides
- One Hundred Years of Solitude by Gabriel García Márquez


pic source and amazing article


the goodreads review about Anna Karenina by Lew Tolstoi:

*
"Leo Tolstoy’s classic story of doomed love is one of the most admired novels in world literature. Generations of readers have been enthralled by his magnificent heroine, the unhappily married Anna Karenina, and her tragic affair with dashing Count Vronsky.
In their world frivolous liaisons are commonplace, but Anna and Vronsky’s consuming passion makes them a target for scorn and leads to Anna’s increasing isolation. The heartbreaking trajectory of their relationship contrasts sharply with the colorful swirl of friends and family members who surround them, especially the newlyweds Kitty and Levin, who forge a touching bond as they struggle to make a life together. Anna Karenina is a masterpiece not only because of the unforgettable woman at its core and the stark drama of her fate, but also because it explores and illuminates the deepest questions about how to live a fulfilled life."
*
Honestly I am not through completely ;)
I still have about 200 pages left, but I really think I know how to feel about this book and that I can say enough to rate it and to tell you everything needed ;) and those 200 pages are going to be read tonight.

So I liked this ;) I generally like Tolstoi a lot, every book I read from him by now :)
I´ll give Anna Karenina a 8.5 out of 10
its so nice but some pages are a struggle :)

Have you read this yet?
What do you think? What is your choice for this category?



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

update on my ecocube christmastree

ecocube

BLOGMAS #DAY 14 + 15 - a christmassy FOTD