The Reading Challenge 2016 and a book of poetry


Today I am having something lovely for you 
By a poet I adore and love a lot

W.B.Yeats

I fell in love with his work during my travels in ireland five years ago
The book I chose for the category ... is a selected poems by WB. Yeats one I bought on ireland.
I constantly read one or two of the poems in there but I never read all of them so now is the perfect time ;)
And I just fell in love with them all over again
I just love everything in his poems and I really really recommend them to everyone...even those of you who are not to much into poetry...like myself ;)



Again a little goodreads review:

*
""All things can tempt me from this craft of verse: "
"One time it was a woman's face, or worse-"
"The seeming needs of my fool-driven land;"
"Now nothing but comes readier to the hand"
"Than this accustomed toil."
"--"From" All Things Can Tempt Me" 
Nobel Prize winner W.B. Yeats laid the foundations for an Irish literary revival, drawing inspiration from his country's folklore, the occult, and Celtic philosophy. A writer of both poems and plays, he helped found Dublin's famed Abbey Theatre. The poems here provide an example of his life's work and artistry, beginning with verses such as "The Stolen Child" from his debut collection "Crossways "(written when he was 24) through "Why Should Not Old Men Be Mad?" from "On the Boiler," published a year prior to his death."
*

I love this review - pretty much on point what I think ;)

Definitely a 10 out of 10 ;) maybe an 12 ;)
could read my little collection over and over and over again

Which poetry did you choose?
Tell me I really want to read more ;)
Did you know WB Yeats before?



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

update on my ecocube christmastree

ecocube

BLOGMAS #DAY 14 + 15 - a christmassy FOTD