The reading challenge - No.8 - a book of short stories


A new book review for you :) Tadaa
Today its all about a book originally written in a different language...easy category just read any book you have which was translated ;)

I chose The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy by Douglas Adams.
Its really fun to read and an easy one actually.

source

This book is probably not my usual genre if it comes to reading. I prefer the old classics most of the time, but its not like "Oh no now I have to read this" ;) I actually decided to read this one, because honestly I challenge my majorly here with reading two books a week to finish this challenge ;) and I wanted an easy quick to read and fun book :) And I made the right decision...even if there are probably funnier books out there ;)

source
Douglas Adams

The book tells you everything about Ford Prefects and Arthur Dents adventures on their way through the galaxy. Starting from a time seconds before planet earth is demolished. Those two guys become friends and Ford who is a researcher for the revised edition of "The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy" can safe his friend Arthur only just before the planet is demolished for a new freeway through outer space. Together those two begin a journey aided by quotes from the guide and a galaxy full of strange creatures and other fellow travelers.
Later on the story of Zaphod Beeblebrox, who is the president of the galaxy, is the two headed, three armed and complete out-to-lunch, and Trillians is told and soon joins the adventures of Ford and Arthur. Together they and a depressed robot named Marvin they go and the adventurous journey to find a legendary planet...and what will the find?
;) No spoilers here people ;)

"A towel is about the most massively useful thing and interstellar hitchhiker can have"
Just so you know ;)

There are actually more than just this book - its a whole series of books.

8.5 out of 10
I enjoyed the story very much and loved the sarcasm and the depressed Marvin ;)


Next :  A book of short stories
That is really not the easiest category to find books for. Luckily I had an old collection of E.A. Poe short stories which made my desition easy...but its also not the easies to find some for you to choose from. I found this site in the interwebs and just click here to get some inspiration :) also...I have never read any books with short stories in...only some called tolkiens legacy or something like it with short stories about elves and dwarves and other fantastic creatures ;) so it would be pretty insincere if I would tell you to read this or that ;)

Have you done this category yet and what was your choice?
What do you think about my choices?



♥  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

update on my ecocube christmastree

ecocube

BLOGMAS #DAY 14 + 15 - a christmassy FOTD