The reading challenge - No.10 - a book from my childhood


just a quick little post today
finished an other book ;) the book for: a book a friend recommended
this book was recommended to my by my boyfriend who is a huge fantasy book fan
and yes I can say that I liked it

Its:
 Brandon Sanderson´s Steelheart

pic source

This book is part of the Reckoners series.
Ste story starts with a little plot set 10 years before the rest of the story, when Calamity came.
It was a burst in the sky that gave ordinary people extraordinary powers. 
The awed public started calling them the Epics, but turned out as the mans enemies. With incredible gifts came the desire to rule and to rule man you have to crush his will.
Nobody dares to fight the epics only the Reckoners. They are a shadowy group of ordinary humans who spend their lives studying Epics, finding their weaknesses and then assassination them.
And then there is David who is kind of the protagonist in this story and he wants to be part of the reckoners. He wants Seelheart - the strongest and most powerful epic who is said to be invincible. The one epic who took most from him everything he loved. David had be studying the epics for years just like the reckoners, always with the goal to one day kill Steelheart.
He has seen Steelheart bleed. He wants revenge.

I liked the book, it was exciting and thrilling and I read it in three days
so I´ll give it 8.5 out of 10

Next comes the category a book from your childhood
I think I´ll go for Pipi Longstocking as this was my absolute favourite back then and I love Astrid Lindgren...and I can get the sweden feeling ;)

What was recommended to you?

♥  



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

update on my ecocube christmastree

ecocube

BLOGMAS #DAY 14 + 15 - a christmassy FOTD