The reading challenge - No.4 - a book with a number in the title

FINALLY ;) finally I wrote this post.
I just realised that it took more than two month to read book No. 3 which was Eat.Pray.Love by Elizabeth Gilbert
and I don´t understand it at all, because this book is amazing and not hard to read at all.

source
Elisabeth Gilbert

The book Eat, Pray, Love: One Woman´s Search for Everything across Italy, India and Indonesia was first published in 2006 and is a memoir by American author Elisabeth Gilbert and it chronicles her trip around the world.
The film version, which stars Julia Roberts and Javier Bardem, was released in theaters in 2010.
Gilbert followed up this book with the sequel "Committed:A Skeptic Makes Peace with Marriage"which was released in January 2010 and it covers her life after Eat, Pray, Love.


source

I always loved Philosophy and I always loved books with philosophy hidden in a wonderful story ;)
which means this is the perfect book for me...and everybody else too
I know that some may be put off when they hear that I talk about philosophy in this book, but it isn´t written like a Plato would be, it is actually kind of a biography, the story of a woman's life who needs a change and makes the best possible thing. Take a time out and enjoy your life, do something you always dreamed of and don´t think everything to death, just Eat, Pray and Love.
The book is about Elisabeth Gilbert herself and about her life and her decisions, her travels and her experiences in Italy, India and Indonesia. 
She is a modern american woman and the story begins in a stage of life when you can not ignore anymore. The fist pages tell us her life as a wife and as a woman supposed to want. To want a husband, a country house, a successful career and children. But instead of feeling happy about her marriage, her career and everything else she has, she feels consumed by panic and confusion. 
She stops sleeping and starts crying every night, the only thing she actually experiences is panic. 
This story is about how she decides to leave everything behind, how she has to fight and how she overcomes all the troubles. Following a divorce, a crushing depression and so many other problems she sets out to examine three aspects of her nature, set against the backdrop of three different cultures. She experiences pleasure in Italy, devotion in India and balance between worldly enjoyment and divine transcendence in Indonesia on Bali.
Whilst her travels she faces her troubles and fights every downing feeling, she learns to enjoy and she finds everything on her search.

I´ll give it 10 out of 10 ;) like I said I love this book
Have you read it yet and do you like it as much as I do?

♥  

Next up, book No.4, is the book with a number in the title
For me it will be The Three Musketeers by Alexandre Dumas

source
There are a few books I´ve read in this category but there are so many more out there to read and I hope I can narrow it down ;)
  1. 20.000 leagues under the sea by Jules Verne
  2. The Tale of two Cities by Charles Dickens
  3. One flew over the Cuckoos Nest
  4. One Day in the Life of Ivan Denisovich by Aleksander Solzhenitsyn
  5. The third man by Graham Greene
  6. Fifty Shades of Grey by E.L.James
  7. Fahrenheit 451 by Ray Bradbury
  8. And then there were none by Agatha Christie
  9. Richard III / Henry V by William Shakespeare
  10. The Lord of the Rings - The Two Towers by J.R.R.Tolkien ;)
  11. Harry Potter and the half blood Prince - by J.K.Rowling ;)
I just had to add the last two ones ;)
Did I miss an important one? 
Has your favourite book a number in the title? And which one is it?

♥  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

update on my ecocube christmastree

ecocube

BLOGMAS #DAY 14 + 15 - a christmassy FOTD